Tara L. Aghaloo, D.D.S., M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Tara Aghaloo is the Assistant Dean of Clinical Research, an Associate Professor and the Pre-doctoral Director in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
Her research focuses on bone biology and regeneration strategies at the basic, translational, and clinical levels, while maintaining an active clinical oral and maxillofacial surgery practice. She is also active in professional organizations where she is a board member of the Academy of Osseointegration, member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Committee for Research Planning and Technology Assessment, past president of the OMS Section of the International Association for Dental Research, and associate editor of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 794-7070
Educational and Professional Background
- 1994 D.D.S., University of Missouri, Kansas City
- 1998 M.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- 2000 Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2003 Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2007 Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles (Oral Biology
2004 - 2009 NIH K08 – Clinical Scientist Development Award (DE015800)(PI)
◦ "Prostanoid induction of egr1 in primary osteoblasts”
◦ This grant examines the effect of prostanoids on egr1 and the effect on osteoblast differentiation and function.
Patient Care ActivitiesDr. Aghaloo treats patients in the Faculty Group Dental Practice.
- DS463C, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Course Chair)
- DS300.04, Resident Physical Diagnosis Course, Introduction to Hospital and Operating Room Protocol and the Pulmonary Exam (Lecturer)
- OB403b, Introduction to Hospital Dentistry; Hospital/OR Protocol (Lecturer; Dr. Eric Sung, Course Director)
- Resident hands-on teaching in Clinic and Operating Room procedures