Russell E. Christensen, D.D.S., M.S.
Russell E. Christensen, D.D.S., M.S. is an associate professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
"Whether my interest in teaching came from two grandparents who were university professors or whether it just arose from love of learning, my passion for teaching has only increased through the years. UCLA was a most fortunate opportunity."
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 825-6140
Educational and Professional Background
- 1970 B.S., Hampden Sydney College, VA (Psychology)
- 1974 Medical College of Virginia, School of Dentistry (Dentistry)
- 1976 Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (Pathology)
- 1976 Certificate, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN (Oral Pathology)
Dr. Christensen reviews cases submitted to the UCLA Oral Pathology Diagnostic Laboratory.
Dr. Christensen in involved in the predoctoral and postdoctoral oral and maxillofacial pathology teaching programs.
Professional Memberships and Activities
EDITORIAL BOARD AND REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
- Journal of Dental Research, Editorial Services, 2005-present
- CDA Journal, Editorial Services, 2005-present
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Academy of Oral Pathology, 1974-present
- Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology, 1976-present
- International Academy of Oral Pathology, 1976-present
- Western Society of Teachers of Oral Pathology, 1976-present
- International Association for Dental Research, 1977-present
- American Association of Dental Schools, 1993-present
- California Association of Oral Pathologists, 1979-present
- UCLA Faculty Association, 1984-present
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, 2000-present
- UCLA Faculty Association, Director, Board of Directors, 2006-present
- American Academy of Oral Pathology, Laboratory Services Committee, chair, 2006-present