Nadia Chugal, D.D.S., M.P.H., M.S.
Nadia Chugal, M.P.H., D.D.S., M.S. is an associate clinical professor in the Section of Endodontics in the Division of Associated Clinical Specialties at the UCLA School of Dentistry. In addition, she serves the school as the director of the postdoctoral/residency program in endodontics. Dr. Chugal is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics.
"UCLA is my alma mater. Its vibrant academic environment greatly influenced my decision to pursue a teaching career. The UCLA School of Dentistry provides the right milieu where cutting-edge science is created, disseminated and applied to patient care."
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 794-4989
Educational and Professional Background
- 1984 M.P.H., UCLA School of Public Health
- 1988 D.D.S., UCLA School of Dentistry
- 1990 M.S., UCLA School of Dentistry, Section of Oral Biology
- 1991 General Practice Residency, IMMC, Chicago
- 1994 Certificate/Residency in Endodontics, University of Connecticut
- 1995 Research Fellowship, University of Connecticut
- 1999 Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Dr. Chugal sees patients in the Faculty Group Dental Practice.
- CL320.01, Endodontic Clinic (Postgraduate)
- CL320.32, Endodontic Teaching (Postgraduate)
- CL403.01, Endodontic Clinic – 3rd Year
- CL404.01, Endodontic Clinic – 4th Year
- CL463, Clinical Endodontics – 3rd Year
- DS320.11, Biological Basis for Periradicular Therapy (Postgraduate)
- DS320.21, Endodontic Treatment Planning (Postgraduate)
- DS320.41, Current Endodontic Literature Seminars (Postgraduate)
- DS320.44, Endodontic Research (Postgraduate)
- DS413, Advanced Clinical Endodontics – 3rd Year
- DS462a, Introduction to Endodontics – 2nd Year
- DS462b, Preclinical Endodontic Laboratory – 2nd Year
- DS462c, Introduction to Clinical Endodontic – 2nd Year
- DS463S, Pre-Clinical Laboratory Course II
The main focus of Dr. Chugal’s research is endodontic prognosis. Her projects focus on the understanding of the relationship between root canal infections and outcome of endodontic treatment. Currently, she is also studying new imaging technologies for endodontic diagnosis and treatment planning with the purpose of developing more effective therapies and improved endodontic prognosis for our patients.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- Council of Hospitals and Advanced Education Programs (COHAEP).
- American Association of Endodontists
- Califronia State Dental Associations
- American Association of Dental Research (Pulp Biology Group)
- International Association of Dental Research (Pulp Biology Group)
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society
- Southern California Academy of Endodontics