Chanel N. McCreedy, DDS
Chanel N. McCreedy, DDS
Assistant Clinical Professor
Ph: (310) 825-0692
Office: 23-019 CHS
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Chanel N. McCreedy, DDS is an Assistant Clinical Professor, Predoctoral Program Director for Pediatric Dentistry, and one of the R25 Academic Track Program Directors for the UCLA School of Dentistry. Dr. McCreedy graduated Magna Cum Laude from the UCLA School of Dentistry as a member of the OKU Dental Honor Society, and is an alumna of the UCLA Westwood Pediatric Dental Residency Program. As a clinical faculty member and candidate for board certification, Dr. McCreedy is focused on enhancing UCLA predoctoral clinical and preclinical dental education in order to prepare all UCLA graduates for high quality, compassionate care for the pediatric patient. Prior to becoming a dentist, Dr. McCreedy was a research assistant at Santa Clara University studying conservation biology and the wonderful world of insects.
Educational & Professional Background
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 2004 – Cum Laude
- D.D.S., UCLA, 2010 – Magna Cum Laude
- Certificate, Pediatric Dentistry, UCLA Westwood, 2012
- Candidate for Board Certification, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Research & Interests
Dr. McCreedy’s creative activities focus on mentoring future dental educators through teaching apprenticeships and serving as one of the faculty advisors to the Basic Dental Principles Teaching Selective in which dental students prepare and present lectures and laboratory instruction for pre-dental student courses. She is currently an Associate Program Director for an NIH/NIDCR funded R25 grant titled: “Recruitment, Mentoring, and Empowering Future Academic Dentists”. This project supports an Academic Track mentorship program for dental students and residents interested in an academic career. Dr. McCreedy also enjoys working with the Student Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry as well as the Inglewood Clinic Groups, both student organizations are aimed at increasing patient education and alleviating dental disease for the child patient.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society
- Favorite Pediatric Dentistry Faculty, UCLA School of Dentistry, Class of 2013 (2013)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Dental Honor Society Member (2010)
- A Meta-Analysis of Effects of Bt Cotton and Maize on Nontarget Invertebrates. M. Marvier, C. McCreedy, J. Regetz, P. Kareiva (2007) Science, 316(5830), 1475.
- On new characters of the eggs of Embioptera with the description of a new species of Saussurembia (Anisembiidae). J. Edgerly, C. Szumik, C. McCreedy (2007) Systematic Entomology, 32(2), 387-395.
- Pediatric Dentistry Preclinical Laboratory (RFE 318)
- Pediatric Diagnosis and Treatment Planning (IDS 301)
- Third Year Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Rotations (CL403.07 a,b,c)
- Fourth Year Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Rotations (CL404.07 s,a,b,c)