Edward McLaren, DDS, MDC
Dr. Edward McLaren is a Clinical Professor in the Division of Restorative Dentistry, Director of Post Graduate Esthetics, Director of the UCLA Center for Esthetic Dentistry, and Director UCLA/LACC Master Ceramist Program at the UCLA School of Dentistry. The residency program is a full time master ceramist program for dental technicians featuring extensive experience with the newest esthetic restorative systems. Dr. McLaren maintains a private practice limited to prosthodontics and esthetic dentistry in which he does all of his own ceramics.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 794-4858 ext.
Fax: (310) 267-2656 ext.
Areas of Expertise
- Esthetic Dentistry
- Dental Ceramics
Education and Professional Background
- BS, Biology and Chemistry, University of Redlands
- 1983, DDS, University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- 1990, Prosthodontics Certificate, UCLA
Research and Interests
- Dental materials: ceramics & dental adhesives
- McLaren EA. Whiteman YY. Ceramics: Rationale for material Selection. Compend Cont Ed November/December 2010:31(9)666-680.
- Giordano R. McLaren EA. Ceramics Overview: Classification my Microstructure and Processing Methods. Compend Cont Ed November/December 2010:31(9)682-697.
- Culp L. McLaren EA. Lithium Disilicate. The Restorative Material many options. Compend Cont Ed November/December 2010:31(9)716-725.
- Tan JP. Sederstrom D. Polansky JR. McLaren EA. White SN. The use of slow heating and slow cooling regimens to strengthen porcelain fused to Zirconia. J Prosthet Dent March 2012:107(3):163-9.
- McLaren EA. Whiteman YY. The Effects of Desensitizing agents in vitro. Cerec Doctors 2012:4(1).10-14.
- McLaren EA. Shade Analysis and Communication: 2012. Cosmetic Dentistry 2012:(5)6-11.
Awards & Professional Memberships
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Los Angeles Dental Society
- Alumni Association, UOP School of Dentistry
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry: Fellow
- American College of Prosthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Prosthodontists
- International College of Prosthodontists
- International Society of Dental Ceramics
- American Association of Dental Research
- International Association of Dental Research