Moustafa El-Ghareeb, B.D.S., M.S.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 825-3072 ext.
Educational and Professional Background
- 1987, B.D.S., Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1993, Egypt, M.S. in Oral Surgery & Anesthesia, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 2004, M.S. in Oral Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 2004, Certificate (Resident) Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 2005, Certificate (Fellow) Oral & Maxillofacial Implants, UCLA
- 1987-1989, Intern, Oral Surgery, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1989-1992, Resident, Oral surgery, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1999-2004, Resident, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 2004-2005, Fellow, Oral & Maxillofacial Implants, University of California, Los Angeles, California
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
- 2006, California Special Permit (Number: SP235)
- 2006, California General Anesthesia Permit (Number: 1392)
- 2008, Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2009, Minnesota Dental License (Number: D12633)
Dr. Moustafa El-Ghareeb is an assistant clinical professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He joined the dental school faculty in 2005.
Related Articles The single-tooth dental implant: practical guidelines for hard tissue augmentation. J Calif
Patient Care Activities
Dr. El-Ghareeb is an attending surgeon for oral and maxillofacial surgeries peformed in the UCLA Straumann Surgical Dental Clinic and the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic at the UCLA School of Dentistry, as well as at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
Additionally, he is a member of the multidisciplinary team for the diagnosis and treatment planning of dental implant cases at the UCLA Straumann Surgical Dental Clinic, and he treats patients at the Wilson-Jennings-Bloomfield UCLA Venice Dental Center.
Courses Taught at UCLA
DS463a, Implants & Preprosthetic Reconstructive Surgery (chair: Dr. Peter Moy), fall quarter
DS543c, Implant Dentistry (chair: Dr. Kumar Shah), spring quarter
DS424s, Osseointegrated Dental Implants (chair: Dr. John Beumer), summer quarter
DVD teaching aid, Implant Dentistry DS543b, contributed two surgical presentations with voiceover
Professional Memberships and Activities
2005-present Academy of Osseointegration,
2009-present American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
2009-present California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery