Reuben Kim, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Reuben Kim, D.D.S, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the Division of Restorative Dentistry.
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 825-7312
Educational and Professional Background
- 2003 D.D.S., University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008 Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Kim currently practices general dentistry at the UCLA Faculty Dental Group Practice.
- Casting Control
- RT441c/RT442s/RT442a/RT442b, Fixed Prosthodontics
- CL402.02abc, CL403.02abcS, CL404.02abcS, Restorative Dentistry Clinic Supervision
- CL403.16c, CL404.16c, UCLA Venice Dental Center Supervision
Dr. Kim’s research interests lie in elucidating the molecular mechanisms of oral cancer development. In particular, he focuses in (1) the mechanisms of senescence and immortalization of normal human oral keratinocytes and fibroblasts and (2) the role of HIV in HPV-associated pathogenesis including warts and cancers.
- NIH/NIDCR R01, 03/07 – 02/12
- Effects of antiretroviral therapy on telomerase function in human oral epithelium
- NIH/NIDCR K08 Mentor: M. Kang, 09/07 – 08/12
- Combined Effect of HIV and HPV in Oral Cancer
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Association for Cancer Research
- International Association for Dental Research
- UCLA Dental Research Institute
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center