Clarice S. Law, D.M.D., M.S.
Clarice Law, D.M.D., M.S. is an assistant professor in the Sections of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics in the Division of Associated Clinical Specialties at the UCLA School of Dentistry. She also is acting chair of Pediatric Dentistry. She received her dental degree from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, then spent a year conducting research in developmental molecular biology at the Forsyth Institute in Boston, MA. This led her to pursue dual specialization in pediatric dentistry and orthodontics at UCLA’s unique combined residency program while concurrently conducting research leading toward an M.S. in Oral Biology. Dr Law then practiced in both specialties for two years before returning to the UCLA School of Dentistry for a faculty position. Most recently, she was selected to participate in the Fellowship in Medical Education offered through the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 825-4707
Educational and Professional Background
- 1990 B.S., UC Irvine, (Biological Sciences, Minor in Management)
- 1995 D.M.D., Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Magna cum laude)
- 1998 UCLA School of Dentistry, Certificates in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
- 2000 M.S., UCLA School of Dentistry (Oral Biology)
Dr. Law maintains a part-time clinical practice at the UCLA Faculty Group Dental Practice where she focuses on the comprehensive preventive, restorative, and orthodontic care of children and young adolescents.
- Orthodontic Techniques (Preclinical Laboratory Course)
- Clinical Pediatric Dentistry
- Craniofacial Growth and Development
- Radiographic Anatomy and Cephalometric Analysis
- Clinical Orthodontic Review
- Orthodontic Case Presentations
Dr Law’s initial research focused on understanding the growth and development of the craniofacial complex and the resulting jaw positions. However, given her increasing involvement in curriculum design and recent participation in a Medical Education Fellowship, Dr Law’s research interests have shifted toward educational research.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Former Director of the Predoctoral Orthodontic Clinics
- Director of the Predoctoral Program in Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Los Angeles Dental Society
- American Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- International Association for Dental Research
- American Dental Education Association