Yi-Ling Lin, D.D.S., D.M.Sc.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 206-4731
Fax: (310) 825-7232
Educational and Professional Background
- 1989, D.D.S., National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- 1997, D.M.Sc. in Oral Biology, Certificate in Oral Pathology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- 1999, Certificate in Clinical Research, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- 2003, Postdoc., Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Dr. Lin is an assistant professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
Dr. Yi-Ling Lin’s research focuses on transcription regulation during osteoclast differentiation. The lab is aiming at developing therapeutic strategies to inhibit osteoclast activity for osteolytic diseases such as periodontitis and cancer bone metastasis.
Patient Care Activities
Dr. Lin reviews cases submitted to the UCLA Oral Pathology Diagnostic Laboratory.
OSD201: Oral & Systemic Disease-Soft Tissue, Bone and Cartilage
Professional Memberships and Activities
American Society of Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR)
International Association for Dental Research and American Association for Dental Research (IADR & AADR)
American Society of Microbiology (ASM)
American Society of Cell Biology (ASCB)
Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology (SCAOP)
UCLA Dental Research Institute
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
• Lin, Y.L., Basile, J.R. A Case of Odontogenic Myxoma with Unusual Histological Features Mimicking a Fibro-Osseous Process. Head and Neck Pathology. 2010: 4(3):253-6.
• Lu S.Y., Li M., Lin Y.L. Mitf Induction by RANKL Is Critical for Osteoclastogenesis. Molecular biology of the cell. 2010;21(10):1763-71. PMC2869381
• Lu S.Y., Wan H.C., Li M., Lin Y.L. Subcellular localization of Mitf in monocytic cells. Histochemistry and cell biology. 2010;133(6):651-8. PMC2869019
• Basile, J.R., Lin, Y.L. (2010) A salivary gland adenocarcinoma mimicking a microcystic adnexal carcinoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109, e28-e33.
• Basile, J.R., Klene, C., Lin, Y.L. (2010) Calcifying odontogenic cyst with odontogenic keratocyst: a case report and review of the literature. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109, e40-e45.