Kumar C. Shah, B.D.S., M.S.
Kumar C. Shah, B.D.S., M.S. is an assistant clinical professor in the Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials and Hospital Dentistry at the UCLA School of Dentistry where he directs the predoctoral implant dentistry course. In addition, he is the co-director of the Advanced Prosthodontics Postgraduate Residency Program.
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 206-7014
Educational and Professional Background
- B.D.S., Singapore
- M.S., The Ohio State University
- Certificate in Advanced Prosthodontics, The Ohio State University
- Certificate in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, UCLA
Dr. Shah practices in the UCLA Faculty Group Dental Practice. He practices all areas of restorative and esthetic dentistry (fixed and removable prosthodontics), including full mouth rehabilitation/reconstruction with a special emphasis on implant prosthodontics.
- DS 543c, Implant Dentistry (course chair)
- 300.16s, Advanced Implant Dentistry – Postgraduate level Course (co-chair)
- CL 403.10 a, b, c, d, Implant Consultations
- CL 404.10 a, b, c, d, Implant Consultations
- CL 403.10 a, b, c, d, Clinical Prosthodontics (instructor)
- CL 404.10 a, b, c, d, Clinical Prosthodontics (instructor)
- RT 453s, Removable Partial Dentures (instructor)
- RT 453a, Removable Partial Dentures (instructor)
- DS 483a, Immediate Dentures (instructor)
- Graduate Prosthodontics (clinical attending)
- General Practice Residency – Treatment Planning Seminar (attending)
Dr. Shah’s research focuses on various aspects of prosthodontics.
- 2009 - present, “An Exploratory Study of the Quality of Life of Denture Wearers,” Co-PI
- 2007 - present, “Quantitative Assessment of Orthodontic Treatment Impact on Anterior Prosthetic Treatment of Class I Crowding Malocclusions," Investigator
- 2007 – present, “Complications following dental extractions among patients with osteoporosis being treated with or without bisphosphonates,” Investigator
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American College of Prosthodontists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Education Association