Ki-Hyuk Shin, M.S., Ph.D.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 267-2732
Educational and Professional Background
- 1990, B.S., Korea University
- 1992, M.S., UCLA
- 1995, Ph.D., UCLA
Dr. Ki-Hyuk Shin is an associate professor in the Division of Oral Biology and Medicine at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He is an active member of Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
The current research in Dr. Shin’s laboratory is focused on various risk factors associated with oral carcinogenesis, including Human Papillomaviuses, inflammation, and aging. His lab is also focused on identifying and understanding molecular determinants, e.g., tumor suppressor genes, oncogenes, microRNAs, for oral cancer development.
- OSD103, Foundations of Microbiology (Course Chair)
- OSD102, Oral & Systemic Disease I (Lecturer)
- OSD105, Oral & Systemic Disease II (Lecturer)
- OB201C, Advanced Oral Biology-Pathobiology (Lecturer)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California
- Dental Research Institute, UCLA School of Dentistry
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Dental Association
- International Association for Dental Research