Craig D. Woods, D.D.S., M.A.
10833 Le Conte Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Phone: (310) 825-8970
Educational and Professional Background
- 1982, D.D.S., UCLA
- 2004, M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Antioch University
After graduating from the UCLA School of Dentistry, Dr. Woods practiced full-time as a general dentist while volunteering a day a week in the section of Orofacial Pain. He started as full-time faculty at UCLA in the role of treatment planning director in 1995. Dr. Woods added the role of counselor after obtaining a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology.
Dr. Woods is interested in the psychology of the doctor-patient relationship. He published an article on this topic in the March 2007 issue of the CDA Journal.
Dr. Woods has received several teaching awards from the dental students.
Patient Care Activities
Dr. Woods is director of the Advanced Treatment Planning Clinic. He is an attending dentist in the Oral Diagnosis Clinic. Dr. Woods also maintains a private practice in TMJ and Orofacial Pain.
- Treatment Planning (IDS 202) - This course teaches students how to develop a sequential treatment plan using a problem-based approach.
- Adult Biopsychosocial Development (GDA 202) - This course elucidates psychosocial development from adolescence through middle adulthood. A model of the doctor-patient relationship is described and patient management strategies are introduced. The issues of substance abuse, domestic violence and adult life-course transitions are used to illustrate the developmental process. This course also reviews the biology of regressive dental changes in later adulthood.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Fellow, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Diplomate, American Board of Orofacial Pain