743 RDA Required Course: Pit & Fissure Sealants
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each session
or E-mail our Registrar
This course provides a combination of lecture, hands-on laboratory, and clinical patient sessions. The course is 2 full days and requires that you bring four (4) patients on the second day.
- Procedure handouts will be provided and reviewed
- Requirements for license renewal
- Organized course in a clinical setting
- All consumable materials will be provided
Each patient must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of four (4) virgin non-restored natural posterior teeth (bicuspid and molars) for application of sealants
- Have one tooth to be sealed in all four quadrants of the mouth, be 18 years of age or older and not have orthodontic bands or bonded brackets near the areas to be sealed
Each student must possess the necessary requirements for application for RDA licensure or currently possess an RDA license. Each student must have already completed a Board-approved course in coronal polishing and have current CPR certification.
Participants must wear scrubs on the 2nd day.
Cara Batson, RDA
Cara is the previous Infection Control Coordinator for the UCLA School of Dentistry and has been in the dental field as clinical assistant and an educator for over 20 years. Cara holds a California Designated Subjects Teachers Credential in Dental Services.
Charlene Flowers-Taylor, RDA
Charlene has been an RDA for 23 years and teaching Dental Assisting for three years. She also worked for UCLA School of Dentistry for 18 years.