916 Recent Advances in Detection and Management of Oral Pre-Cancer Lesions
Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fees: $135 Dentist
or E-mail our Registrar
Oral cancer is one of the ten most frequent cancers worldwide and in the USA. Its incidence is approximately 2-3% of all malignant neoplasms and has one of the lowest survival rates of about 50% over a 5-year period. Oral Cancer most often appears clinically as a precancer lesion which then progresses to cancer. Early detection is critical!
This Seminar will cover...
- Clinical Presentation of oral precancer lesions and its progression to cancer
- Importance of screening and early detection
- New non-invasive diagnostic tools
- Management of precancer lesions
- Management of oral complications of cancer therapy
Diana V. Messadi, DDS, MMSc, DMSc
Professor and Chair, Section of Oral Medicine and Orofacial Pain,
Division of Oral Biology & Medicine, UCLA School of Dentistry