Digital Photography for Teeth, Portraits and Shade Communication Photoshop for Smile Design and Patient Communication
Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
or E-mail our Registrar
In this two day lecture-workshop, you will learn the use of digital photography for excellent intra-oral dental images, learn techniques for simple high quality portraits in a dental office and professional studio portraits and learn photography for shade communication. Secondly, the course will show how to use Photoshop to do a simple and more complex digital diagnosis and digital smile design.
This course will be covered in a lecture and demonstration format. The participants will then divide up into teams and take the demonstrated dental images on each other and portraits with a professional model.
Photographic equipment will be supplied. The participants will need to bring a laptop computer configured with Photoshop.
- Fundamental principles of general photography and how to operate a digital SLR camera
- Macro-photography (close-up photography) used in documenting a case involving esthetic dental restorations
- How to take images for Photoshop shade analysis
- Basics of excellent “Portrait” photography
- How to use dental photography to diagnose and treatment plan esthetic dental restorations
- Digital smile analysis and design techniques using photoshop
Edward A. McLaren, DDS, MDC
Director, UCLA Center for Esthetic Dentistry Professor, Division of Restorative Dentistry, UCLA School of Dentistry