980 Advanced Anterior Esthetics: Workshop
Mar 14, 2014 08:00 AM
Apr 25, 2014 06:30 PM
|Where||UCLA School of Dentistry|
|Add event to calendar||
Time: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm, Fri & Sat
8:00 am - 1 pm, Sun
or email our Registrar
This course is for the dentist with a basic understanding of esthetic restorative procedures who wants a system to take esthetic diagnosis and treatment to the highest level. It builds upon the UCLA Aesthetic Continuum with advanced hands-on training.
This is the only course that teaches dentists the following in a hands-on workshop:
- How to contour restorations and temporaries to look like natural teeth
- Smile Design analysis that will make sure you cover all the bases and get the best results
- How digital photography will get better results from the lab and communicate effectively with your patient
- How to do a mock-up and understand why it is the most essential tool for predictable esthetics
- How to keep veneers from breaking, and how to use “the contact lens effect”
- How to make exquisite TEMPORARIES with great margins and high esthetics
- How to use a special matrix to speed up direct composite bonding and get better results
- How to make a “flat bottom” pontic and why it gets a better result than an ovate pontic in most cases
- How to work with a technician/ceramist to produce superior esthetic results
- How to build good occlusion into your cosmetic cases and how to treat bigger cases
- Strategies for structuring fees in your community in your practice
Each participant will work with specially designed typodonts that help dentists work through specific esthetic problems encountered in everyday practice. Dentists will have laboratory work completed by the lab that they use and should expect to work hard during the course. Dr. Morley will teach methods for setting up and sequencing cases that he uses in his own successful esthetic private practice. Total hands-on experience and critique will be used to prepare participants for success in selecting, diagnosing and treating patients within their own practices. Skills learned in this course will allow participants to reach a higher level of performance in cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Jeff Morley, Private Practice, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Jeff Morley is Co-Founder of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and past Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA). He has taught over 1,000 days of post graduate hands-on training at university dental schools in the fields of Cosmetic & Advanced Restorative Dentistry, Adult Orthodontics, Advanced Complex Diagnosis & Treatment Planning, and Practice Management for the successful general practice. He is Co-Founder of the Accreditation Credential in Cosmetic Dentistry and past Accreditation Examiner.