Pre-Dental Tooth Waxing Technique Course - Part 2
Nov 27, 2013 09:00 AM
Jul 09, 2014 06:00 PM
|Where||UCLA School of Dentistry|
|Add event to calendar||
January 25, March 22, May 31, July 19, 2014
or E-mail our Registrar
**Limited Enrollment Course**
This course is designed for those who have previously participated in the Pre-Dental Beginners Tooth Waxing and Denture Course.
It will help you to understand the tooth surfaces and shapes by relating opposing teeth to each other. This intensive course will involve waxing exercises, performed by a series of small steps, each designed to focus your attention upon a particular segment of tooth surfaces. Mr. Mark A. Hunt, Sr. will lecture and direct this course.
- Learning the basics: tooth anatomy and occlusal surfaces
- Learning a rapid waxing technique of extensive occlusal rehabilitation of tooth structure
- Identify, in detail, the character of mandibular movement and how it can affect occlusal anatomy
- Self examination and homework
- Hand instrument utilization and waxing techniques
- 2 hour practical examination
- Handling waxing instruments necessary for practical crown and bridge prosthodontics
- Identify problems and solutions
- Grasp a basic understanding of external tooth contours and identification of permanent teeth
- Test endurance, ability, speed, mental attitude and manual dexterity
* total cost to attend course is $340
Course Fee: $130 (payment to U.C. Regents)
Required Custom Kit Fee: $210 (payment to Vinmar Solutions)
Participants will need to purchase, from the instructor, a custom material and supply kit (which will be ready on the day of the course). Payment for the kit should be in the form of a check or money order made payable to VINMAR SOLUTIONS.
Include your name, address and phone number. Also indicate course name and date .
Mail course registration form and course fee payment ($130) to:
UCLA Continuing Dental Education
Box 951668, Room A0-121 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Pay Kit fee online at: www.vinmarsolutions.com or Mail kit fee payment ($210) to:
c/o Mark Hunt, Sr.
12625 Frederick St., Suite I-5, #320
Moreno Valley CA 92553
Participants will need to bring writing material and a small container to carry items for homework.
Or call 310-825-6238 to register by phone.