Financial Aid

Thank you for visiting the financial aid page for our 2-year PPID program. This page is designed to provide individuals in the PPID program with information about available financial resources and to assist them in navigating through the process of applying for financial aid.

Although it may be possible to fund your entire education with financial aid, we recommend a conservative approach to borrowing. We also encourage you to save as early and as much as possible before you enter so that you may avoid a heavy debt burden. These savings will be particularly useful in your transition to dental school.

Loans are the only source of financial assistance available, unless you are able to secure outside scholarship funding, through the dental school Financial Aid Office at this time.

Financial Aid Options

A federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan may also be considered after Direct Loan eligibility has been determined through the financial aid application process.

Eligibility Criteria

In order to receive federal financial aid, you must:

  • Be a US citizen, permanent resident, or US national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island) with a valid Social Security number*

  • Be registered with Selective Service, if required

  • Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree program

  • Not be in default on any federal funds

  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

If you're in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa, or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, you are not eligible to receive federal student aid. Also, persons with G series visas (pertaining to international organizations) are NOT eligible for federal student aid. 

The eligibility criteria for private loans varies between lenders. Please consult the private lender of your choice for more information.

Please note: It is your responsibility to secure funding for your entire program regardless if funding is not available or is denied.

*(I-151, I-551, or I-551C Alien Registration Receipt Card)

If you're not in one of these categories, you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing one of the following designations in order to be eligible:

"Asylum Granted" 
"Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole" 
"Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending" 
"Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980) 
If you have only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464), you aren't eligible for federal student aid.